Wednesday 28 June 2017

M&S Summer Beauty Box Review!


Last Thursday, the Summer Beauty Box launched across all M&S stores and online. When you spend £40 across clothing, beauty and homeware (easily done in Marks 'n Sparks let me tell ya), you are eligible to purchase a beauty box for just £10 - the contents of the box is worth over £105! Wherever it is I shop, if a Customer Assistant uses their best selling chat to advertise a 'exclusive' deal at a till point, I'm always slightly hesitant, convinced there's a catch somewhere. This deal though is as genuine as it gets and in my opinion, one of their best yet! M&S do a few of these beauty boxes every year, along with their beauty advent calendar at Christmas time.



This week I thought I'd spice things up over on the blog and do something a little bit different.
Hope you enjoy! :)

EYEKO | SPORT WATERPROOF MASCARA £10.00
Because I've got reasonably long eye lashes, mascara is forever smudging above my eye lids throughout the day. It's one of the main reasons why I actually don't enjoy wearing make up. I've used this mascara every day since I purchased the box and am thrilled to announce that there has been no smudging whatsoever! It's 100% waterproof which is why even on the days I've been a tad sweaty at work (soz if that was tmi), the mascara has stayed on my eyelashes. The only downfall is the size of the product - it's only 4ml so if you're anything like me (a heavy mascara kinda gal), I don't think it will last long. You may need to repurchase quite soon if you're a fan!

JAMES READ | GRADUAL TAN SLEEP MASK BODY £17.50
So I'd definitely question the word 'gradual' used when describing this product. I applied it only once and when I woke up the next day, I looked like I had taken a cheeky vacay to Ibiza over night! A very natural tan though which I was extremely pleased about; there is nothing more embarrassing than having to walk round in public, the same colour as an umpa lumpa. It's a saviour product if you, like me, enjoy a cheeky six minutes on a sunbed rather too frequently - a less harmful alternative and so much better for the hydration of your skin!

PHILIP KINGSLEY | INSTANT BEACH TEXTURISING SPRAY £5.50
You know those gorg, beach waves that every girl on the planet wishes she could achieve? Well, this spray is supposed to be the answer to all our prayers! I haven't actually had time to try this out yet as I've been at work a lot this week (where my hair is typically shoved on top of my head). I'm always hearing such fab things about Philip Kingsley's hair products though - especially how great they are for bringing life back into damaged hair so I'm super excited to try this one out!

LEIGHTON DENNY | NAIL POLISH £12.00
This nail polish alone is worth £12 so the box is 100% good value for money. I usually wear shellac on my nails over polish because of how long it lasts without having to reapply (aka i'm super lazy). This nail polish has completely won me over though - it doesn't chip easily and really long lasting. In every beauty box you are guaranteed a lush, pink/coral colour too which is seriously pretty and screams summer!

STUDIO 10 | YOUTH LIFT GLOW - PLEXION CREAM £24.00
This product is my favourite out of them all! A new found gem! You can use it as a primer (I'm a massive primer enthusiast - wear it, it will change your life), a radiance cream if you mix it with a little of your own moisturiser and you can even use it as a general illuminator. When I'm at work, I don't usually wear foundation (that's unless a massive breakout strikes overnight). I've found that this cream is perfect on those 'I want to let my skin breathe but don't want to look completely minging' kinda days. It leaves a really lovely glow that lasts throughout the day.

ALPHA H | DAILY ESSENTIAL MOISTURISER £14.00
This is a perfect moisturiser to take on holiday because it contains SPF 50+ sun protection, protects against UVA/UVB rays and water resistant. If you often forget to apply sun cream to your face (i'm 100% guilty of this), finding a good moisturiser (also foundation) that is infused with a good SPF is your next best thing. You don't just have to use this moisturiser on holiday though! I'm always hearing from all the beauty gurus on YouTube that wearing a light SPF primer before applying your make up, in any weather condition, is essential for youthful and glowing skin!

SUN SMART | SPF 30 LOTION £8.50
Would a summer beauty box really be complete without a bottle of sun cream? This is the only product in the box which is M&S own brand but actually has really great reviews. There is nothing worse than a greasy sun cream that leaves your skin feeling SO gross...who's with me? This sun smart lotion is supposed to be non greasy and highly moisturising. Bonus! My parents go on holiday tomorrow so my mum was very pleased when I said she could take it with them (it's the little things in life) - because sun cream is a necessity in summer, shops tend to charge a bomb!

FILORGA | TIME-FILLER WRINKLES CORRECTION CREAM £16.20
I believe this product's selling point is its anti aging element so I gifted it away to my mum too. Lol, that sounded so much harsher than I intended - she's an absolute beauty but is in need of it more than me. Again, it has great reviews and is supposed to make the skin look younger (significantly reduces wrinkles) after just three days of use.

Overall, I'm super impressed! Even if you wouldn't use every product in the box, I'm sure you could give the ones you don't want to a friend/family member who would! Admittedly, when I first opened it up to see that the majority of the products came in their travel size versions, I was a little disappointed. Saying that though, that size makes it ideal for taking on holiday with you or throwing in your handbag. I'm not entirely sure about the availability left of these boxes and today is the LAST DAY OF THE DEAL so definitely get yourselves to your local M&S store or online to grab yours whilst you can! I mean for £10, you really can't go wrong!

Lots of love as always,
Beth x

QuickEdit
Beth Lauren Lee
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment